CHICAGO, June 22, 2014 – Wilson Staff tour professional Kevin Streelman (@Streels54) showed mental tenacity in the final round of the Travelers Championship while embarking upon one of the biggest birdie runs in golf history. Using his FG Tour V2 irons (3-9), Streelman’s precision from the fairway set him up for ten consecutive one-putts and a record-tying seven consecutive birdies to finish.
Streelman closed out the competition on the eighteenth with a wedge shot to nine feet, followed by another sunken birdie putt. In his bag are the FG Tour TC wedges (48° and 54° traditional), both of which he claims to “sit perfect to my eye.”
- Streelman finished the weekend with a back-to-back pair of 64s.
- He matched the tournament record with a 7-under 28 on the final nine.
- This win elevates his ranking to 27th in FedEx Cup standings.
- This win is his second PGA TOUR victory in two seasons. Last March he captured the Tampa Bay Championship.
- He joined the Wilson Staff professional staff in 2011.
- According to him, Streelman will celebrate the triumph bathing daughter Sophie at 7:15 followed by bedtime at 8:00.
Respected for making calculated equipment changes, Streelman has gamed the FG Tour V2 irons since their introduction. He alternates his long irons based on course conditions, relying on his FG Tour M3 3-iron for tight links courses and the newest FG Tour V4 utility iron for control off the tee. All FG Tour equipment within the Wilson Staff F-C-D (Feel-Control-Distance) fitting system is designed for the Feel player valuing precision and shot-shaping ability.
Asked about his involvement in the brand, Streelman replied, “The greatest part of my relationship with the Wilson Staff family is that I have input in the design factor. You don’t get that from the other club manufacturers.”
In addition to his Wilson Staff clubs, Streelman has sported the stylish centennial tour bag, towel, umbrella and cap since the Waste Management Phoenix Open to commemorate the brand’s 100th year anniversary.
“Kevin is the best ambassador a brand can have,” commented President of Wilson Golf, Tim Clarke (@WilsonGolfPres). “He’s a family man; he epitomizes hard work ethic, values and poise. And he’s a winner. It’s hard to find a more perfect guy at the forefront of our ‘This is your Game. Make it Personal’ campaign.”
SOURCE: Wilson Golf